이 블로그 검색

2010년 10월 26일 화요일

Calvin Klein- attractive or violation.

First of all, I picked Google (http://www.google.com/alerts) as a tool to listening brand and I chose “Calvin Klein” as a keyword. The reason why I chose this brand is that “Calvin Klein” is well known brand and it is really famous on their advertisement. They mostly use sexually shocking stuff on their advertising and it attracts people especially for young people. When people see their advertising, they usually feel curious about brands. It is called noise-marketing. By showing sexually shocking image on advertising, that brand can appeal their name and image easily. Furthermore, in Korea, by showing something shocking, that brand can be listed on the top level of “Hourly Hot Searching.”


 

However, I want to focus on Calvin Klein’s advertising in negative way. As I searched in Google tools, I found article which show us that Calvin Klein’s advertising is prohibited in Australia. Because it’s advertising is too sultry. In addition, in Korea, Calvin Klein was sued by people once because their advertising associates with sexual violation. I understand that Calvin Klein’s purpose is quite different with that kind of bad news. Calvin Klein just tried to appeal their brand and product extremely. And it just tried to attract people more. I also understand its side but Calvin Klein had to care about side effects like as I mentioned above. Young people can understand its purpose but other people such as conservative people cannot understand that kind of sexual advertising. Thus, in my opinion, Calvin Klein has to do something to keep their advertising. What if Calvin Klein does not do anything, this brand can be harmed by people for sure.


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기